Monday, October 7, 2019

Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe | Zero Waste Cooking


Since starting my zero waste lifestyle, I have become more conscious of the things I buy, like food for example. A lot of the foods we buy are packaged, like soups, sauces, tv dinners, flours, you get the idea. I now try and make most of my food from scratch and buy minimal to zero packaging. This also goes for spices and seasonings. I used to always get those little square packets of spice mixes for tacos but over a year ago started making my own, which is what I am going to be sharing with you today. Making your own food also allows you to be in charge of what goes in it. A lot of taco seasonings I would buy had extra flavorings, sugar, and caking agents, but my homemade version is just strictly spices. This recipe is also a bit large so it will need to be stored into a little glass container for later use. This is my favorite, and go-to taco seasoning recipe and I hope you like it as much as I do. Lets all try and reduce plastic and unnecessary packaging where we can!

Recipe:
6 tbsp chili powder
3 tbsp ground cumin
5 teaspoon sea salt
5 teaspoon black pepper
2 ½ teaspoon paprika
1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 ½ teaspoon onion powder
1 ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 ½ teaspoon dried oregano

Step 1 – Add all measured out spices into a container.

Step 2 – Mix until fully combined and that’s it! Quick and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment