Friday, November 28, 2014

DEATH OF MY DOG

Snowball came into my life when I was about 7 years old. He's a big, white, Great-Pyrenees, and one of the sweetest dogs I've ever had. Not to say I love him more than my other pets, or that my other dogs aren't sweet, no, it's just Snowball was one of those dogs who almost always had a smile planted on his face, even when he was in pain, and the type of dog who wouldn't hurt a flea. He would lay down outside and let the birds jump on him and pluck his fur to make a nest with. That was the first time I had ever seen a white nest of fur! And when one of our dogs would try and pick a fight and bite him, he never fought back. Snowball would just sit there. And no matter how much pain he was in, he would fix it wit a smile. He was kind-hearted, gentle, and popular amongst my friends - they couldn't get enough of him. I wish he didn't have to go, but all lives must come to an end...


My Thanksgiving began in many laughs and smiles, but ended in many tears. Today I had to part with my Snowball. We had 13 years of memories, love, and fun. He had to be put to sleep tonight, which is something I've always feared. I never wanted my pet's death to result in that. I've always prayed they would just pass on their own. But for months now he could barely walk, as he has arthritis in his hips and legs, and he's lost about 30 pounds just within the past year. And over the past couple of days blood has been coming out his mouth from an unknown source. We couldn't tell where the blood came from - whenever he would bleed, his whole mouth would be bloody and blood would be all over the floor and on him. Snowball would look like he had just been shot in multiple places. On Thanksgiving, it was just too much blood and we had to take him to the vet, and the decision between my step-mom and father had been made. Today was one of the hardest days of my entire life. My step-mom, dad, and sister Brianna, and myself was in the room with Snowball when the vet laid him to rest (my brother Alphonse couldn't make it and my sister Kuyuki thought it would be too hard to witness). Seeing the life come out of Snowball's eyes while he's laying on me, and the doctor saying he has passed, was just heartbreaking. It was such a quick process. One second he was here and the next, gone from this world and into the next.


I love you SO much Snowball, and I always will. Words can't even describe the love I have for my pets. This Thanksgiving, I am thankful God put Snowball in my life, and that I got to be a part of his... ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment