Wednesday, November 26, 2014

ORANGE EMPIRE RAILWAY MUSEUM

Being a fan of trains, I really wanted to visit the Orange Empire Railway Museum in Perris. I was a bit disappointed driving all the way there to find not many trains (the whole reason I wanted to go). Turns out, the best time to go is a weekend, where there are people to take you on a tour and all their trains and whatnot are accessible. So I guess I need to go back again on a Saturday or something.

For the holidays though, they're having train rides around town, where they have Mr. and Mrs. Claus and the elves riding aboard the train, and everybody sings Christmas songs and drinks hot chocolate. For some reason it reminded me of the Polar Express. I would probably go if it was free, but I don't know if I want to pay $15 for that. Maybe one day...

While I was at the museum, I did take a few pictures around I thought I'd share. I though it was neat to see the benches where people would wait for their train back in the day. In 1912, it was only $3.50 for an 150 mile round trip, traveling to Los Angeles, San Bernadino, and Redlands. I also saw a car in the parking lot I wanted - and old, white 1960 Ford Falcon with a big white steering wheel and pastel blue seats.












No comments:

Post a Comment