Wednesday, August 26, 2015

OAK TREE VILLAGE

As you may know, my sister Kuyuki has just moved to Tennessee, and I am missing her terribly. Just now, I was looking through photos of us on my laptop and I came across this set of images that I have never shared on the blog. For Kuyuki's 15th birthday this year in May, we took her to Oak Tree Village in Oak Glen to visit their petting zoo. She loves llamas and we heard that they had some so we headed over there to spend some time with them.

It wasn't a very big place, but it was interesting since we've never been there before. It had cute little shops, a bakery, kittens running around everywhere, pony rides for kids, and of course, animals in the petting zoo. For $1, we were able to feed the pigs, chickens, goats, and llamas little pellets that looked like corn. When Kuyuki first saw the llamas, she was so happy she started crying! We took many pictures with them while dodging their spit and avoiding the goats. We loved them, don't get us wrong, but they liked to eat our clothes. One goat started chewing on my cardigan and one ripped our friend Missy's new dress. One thing that I thought was really cool was squirrels were coming up to us eating from our hands! We've never had that happen before. It was really cute and we loved how relaxed they were around us.

For lunch, we ate at a restaurant there called Apple Annie's. I got the veggie burger without the sauce and wrapped in lettuce. And I have never been to a restaurant before that does this, but they let you get seconds on any meal for free. So of course I could not pass up free food! I was the only one who ordered seconds, and ended up regretting it because I was so full from the first burger already. I managed to eat half of it, but I gave the rest to Kuyuki.

That was a fun day and I cannot wait to see her again so we can create more memories and have more fun together. Enjoy these images!

No comments:

Post a Comment