Sunday, June 21, 2015

GOODBYE ARIZONA, HELLO NEW MEXICO

Today's post might be a shorter one as I am half asleep at the moment. I am currently in Oklahoma City getting ready to leave this hotel and hit the road again to get to the next. I believe we only have twelve more hours to get to our destination in Maryville, Tennessee, so hopefully if we drive long enough, we will make it by tomorrow afternoon! 

Yesterday was such a long day that I didn't even have the will to stay awake to make a post about what we got up to that day, so that is what I want to talk a little bit about tonight. While my mother and sisters are awake all night during our drives, I am sleeping in the front seat. I woke up around 6am and noticed we were still in Arizona but was about to be reaching New Mexico. I have only been on two other road trips, but I find it so fascinating to drive through all the different states and get excited when we reach a new one. What I've noticed on all these road trips is that the further you get away from Southern California, the greener it gets and the more wildlife you see randomly on the road. 

Around 9am, our mother was tired, so we stopped at the Arizona Welcome Center. To pass the time, Brianna and I walked around and took pictures of landscapes and even took some shots in the streets (while no one was coming of course). People kept driving up to us asking what we were doing, so finally we came to the conclusion that people probably think we are weird and that we should go back to the car. Once we got on the freeway again, it only took a minute or two to reach New Mexico. 

We started getting hungry around 11am, but not enough for a full meal, so when we stopped at the gas station, we all picked out some snacks to eat in the car. I got a Chia Cherry Lime Naked Juice, as well as a Vanilla Almond and Chocolate Peanut Butter Clif Builder Bars. I don't usually get store-bought protein bars anymore because of all the added sugars and oils, but I had never even seen these Clif Builder flavors anywhere before so I thought I'd try them. I ate the Chocolate Peanut Butter one and it was really good. Can't wait to try the other one!

We found a Motel 6 to stay at in Albuqurque, New Mexico so we could rest up. Once we dropped our cat, snake, and belongings off in our room, we ate lunch across the street at Denny's. I ordered the Fit Fare Veggie Skillet which is always so delicious! I get it every time. It comes with potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, and normally egg whites, but I of course asked for that to be taken off. Lunch was great and afterwards we headed back to the hotel to sleep. I stayed up though to type this post and watch YouTube videos. Enjoy these pictures from the day!






No comments:

Post a Comment