Tuesday, June 16, 2015

ARRIVAL IN PALM SPRINGS

First off, I am sorry for my absence. I haven't written in what seems like a lifetime! I have been so busy with school and everything else that I just never made the time to sit down and write a post. Now that school is FINALLY out (I literally cried - don't judge), I have been reading books and blogs, going to the beach, spending time with friends and family, and everything else that I really had no time for while school was in session. May was really busy with essays and finals and a trip to Oregon, but within all the craziness, I managed to sneak in a Palm Springs getaway with my family at the end of May.

For those of you who have been keeping up with my blog, you may recall that last year my family and I took a trip to San Diego for my father's work trip. This year, it was the same thing, but in Palm Springs. We stayed the weekend at the Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort and Spa which was really beautiful. It has everything you could want for your stay: shops, restaurants, spas, golf course, gym, and more. From outside our patio you could even see the lazy river and pool! Oh, and free wifi - gotta have that.

Less than a minute drive away from the hotel, there's even more restaurants, malls, and high-street fashion stores. We arrived at the hotel around 6pm and after driving around to see what our dinner options were, my family and I settled on Johnny Rocket's. I ordered a salad with spring greens and tomatoes, and instead of chicken I asked for mushrooms, and instead of dressing I used lemon. It was filling, but I literally fell in love with their mushrooms I just needed more. They're the best mushrooms I have ever had! Weird huh? So, after ordering two more sides of mushrooms to take back to the hotel, I decided these would probably taste good with an avocado. So we drive down the street, and to my amazement, we found a Whole Foods. My family and I have never been to Whole Foods before so we were excited as we have always wanted to go, and we totally loved it! I love going to new health food stores. After grabbing some avocado, we decided to buy some snacks. For me, I grabbed a That's It! Apple + Cherries Fruit Bar, as well as a Two Moms in the Raw Gojiberry Nut Bar. I have never had them before so I couldn't wait to try them, When we got back to the resort, I smashed my avocado, mixed it with my now-cold mushrooms, and dug in. By then, I was too stuffed and too tired to get into the hot tub with everyone else, so I listened to music on my mp3 player and fell asleep soon after that. 










No comments:

Post a Comment