Saturday, May 16, 2015

VICTORIAN VILLAGE OF FERNDALE


Ok, so last night I said no more posts - that that one would be my last post of the trip. Well, things have changed...

Today I woke up and I wanted to do what I said yesterday (about exercising on the beach in the morning), but I didn't wake up in time for that. We had to get an early start because it takes about 14 hours to get from Gold Beach, Oregon back to Hemet, California.

So we're driving down the road, same route that we got there, and all of a sudden we reach Ferndale. My dad said he remembers reading about a victorian village around there, so we looked up exactly where it was and found it: The Victorian Village of Ferndale.

I thought it was the cutest thing. The buildings, shops, everything. We parked the car, got out and walked around. We had lunch at Ferndale Pizza Co. After lunch, my brother and I went into the vintage-style candy store, just because we liked the theme and setup of the place (he's not a fan of sweets either), but yet, we left with candy. Honeyduke's to be exact. We couldn't resist. We got the chocolate frog and Bertie Bott's. For anyone who has never had Bertie Bott's flavor beans, they are...oh how do you say it...disgusting! There's flavors like vomit and earwax. Bad things is...they taste exactly what you would think they would taste like. So yes, they're not what you would think someone would want to buy and actually consume. But we like to get them occasionally, you know, just because we're weird and major Harry Potter fans. We like to play games to see who can eat them without having to wash it down with water. That can get challenging. 

The village itself has nothing much in it, but the buildings are so attractive and photogenic. Plus it was a good place to stop and stretch our legs from sitting in the car so long.









No comments:

Post a Comment