Wednesday, May 6, 2015

PIER 39

This morning I woke up freezing! It was cold all night, plus the fan was on (I can't sleep without it), so the first thing I did at 5am was sit in front of the heater. I don't know what it is about the heater in our room, but I love it! I like to sit in front of it even when I'm not cold. I don't know if it's the way the heat comes out or what. Is that weird? Probably.
But today was sunny and warm, and I was especially excited because we went to Pier 39! I loved it! The view, the shops, the location, everything! Once we got there, my step-grandparents and I headed straight over to the Aquarium of the Bay at the edge of the pier. I personally wouldn't go again just because there isn't a whole lot to see, but it's fun if you've never been before. There was a lot of starfish, jelly fish, sting rays you could touch, and cute little otters. I was hoping to see some seals sunbathing on the pier like I've seen in pictures, but they were not out today. Maybe we'll catch them later!
After the aquarium, we walked around the shops. We went inside one shop called Lefty's Left Handed Store where there are special pencils, scissors, kitchen utensils, and more specifically for those who are left-handed. And apparently in order to work there you also have to be left-handed. I cannot write with my left hand for the life of me. After looking through shops and at Alcatraz from afar, I took great pleasure in watching crêpes being made through the window of Crêpe Café.





No comments:

Post a Comment