Tuesday, April 21, 2015

SEAPORT VILLAGE


Ahh...Seaport Village. It's one of my favorite places in San Diego. Almost every time my family and I decide to go to SD, it's a trip to Seaport Village. Now that I've been there so many times and have spent so many hours there, there's nothing really new for me to see (but it's especially worth a couple of hours of your time if you've never been there before). Even so, what I think is so great about this place is just the fact that you're there. Every time I'm in Seaport Village, I feel like I'm surrounded with such positive energy. It's a great place to walk around, shop, and dine on the waterfront. My two favorite places to eat are the Greek Island Cafe and Seaport Grill. As for a break from walking around, I love sitting on a wooden bench placed in front of the little ponds, watching the ducks swim while feeling the cool sea breeze on my skin. There is also an antique carousel, built in 1895, that I find interesting and you can ride for $3. I don't like to ride it, I just like to look at it...is that weird?  You may also see people dressed up walking along the waterfront and will probably see someone balancing stacked rocks in such a bizarre way...I don't know how they do it.

Seaport Village at night is really pretty. I love how the restaurants and shops are all lit up at night with little light bulbs that remind me so much like Christmas lights. Sometime during the day we got cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory. A few cheesecakes were ordered to split, but since I don't eat cheesecake, I just sat and enjoyed myself, although the oreo one did look good. It was once on my bucket list to try every single flavor of cheesecake on their menu, but ironically enough, it was there that I discovered I don't like cheesecake, so I gave up on that. Too sweet maybe? I don't know. Cheesecake just isn't my thing.
































No comments:

Post a Comment