Monday, April 20, 2015

CORONADO ISLAND


San Diego is always a pleasure to visit, yet it is a place I feel I don't get to visit enough. And even after as many times as I've been there, I still have not been able to see half of what San Diego has to offer. We usually only drive down there to visit Seaport Village, the San Diego Zoo, or on the rare occasions when we fly out of the San Diego airport (we normally choose LAX but sometimes San Diego is just so much cheaper). This past Sunday, however, some family members from Tennessee came down to visit, and so the only logical thing to do was to head down to San Diego to catch up and show them around the area! For years now, and especially after seeing Billy Wilder's Some Like It Hot, I have wanted to visit Coronado Island, specifically Hotel del Coronado. So I was thrilled that that was the very first thing we did!

San Diego is one of those places where you can spend all day doing one activity. When we go to Seaport Village, my family will literally be there all day and we'll wind up running out of time and not being able to do anything else. When we go to Balboa Park, we're there all day. So Sunday, when we went to the beautiful Hotel Coronado, we had to keep track of time so we could take our Tennesseans to more than just one neat place in San Diego...or you know, we would have been in Coronado all day. As I wasn't actually vacationing there, (but let's face it that would have been nice), I cannot give a full review, however from what I have seen, it is safe to say that the hotel was one of the nicest I have ever been to. The interior is decorated with chandeliers, Victorian-themed furnishing, and filled with luxury shops, spas, bakery, restaurants, and more. I also love how the hotel is on the beach. Perfect for a summer vacation! I would love to stay the weekend at this hotel one day: relax on the beach, visit the spa, drive down around the island and nearby San Diego attractions, have my own little getaway.

Oh and apparently it's haunted? Spooky.
 











No comments:

Post a Comment