Friday, December 19, 2014

DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS



Yesterday marks the end of the semester for me! I have completed all of my finals, so I am officially done with this set of classes, and I honestly couldn't be happier. I feel I have worked harder this semester than any other year in school. Elementary school was easy. Middle school I didn't even really try. And in high school, the work came easy to me, so I would get straight "A's" without really having to study. Just do the work and nothing more. My first year of college, I didn't try either. But this past semester in college, I decided that college is a waste of time if I'm not going to get serious.  So this time around, I feel like I have been doing homework and studying nonstop. I've had to turn down my friends on numerous occasions when they've asked to hang out, just so I can get work done. Basically, I'm am so glad I have focused on my studies and can say I have a 4.0 GPA for this semester, however, I am glad I can finally relax for a month long winter break!

Moving on. I've recently started reading my father's book, A Christmas Treasury of Yuletide Stories and Poems. It contains many Christmas tales and poems by authors like Robert Frost, Charles Dickens, Hans Christian Anderson, J.M. Barrie, and more! It's a perfect read for the winter season, and it's fun to read this while sitting near the fire place in cozy pjs while drinking hot tea. Along with that, I have decorated the side of my dresser with a little "Charlie-Brown" Christmas tree, little reindeer figurines, and a snowman. The candle I have is Marshmallow Fireside from Bath and  Body Works (I have the mini one, but I can only find the larger one online - you'll want it though). It literally smells so good. I can't get enough of it. I am really in the Christmas spirit right now!






I've just realized that Christmas is only 6 days away! Are you excited? I know I am. I hope you have enjoyed this set of images and hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!

Love,
Mickey

No comments:

Post a Comment