Sunday, October 2, 2016

OBER GATLINBURG | PHOTO DIARY

Gatlinburg is one of my favorite places in Tennessee. The mountains are beautiful, there's roller coasters through the mountains, good food, wide range of activities, gnarly shops, and more, but instead of doing the same old stuff we normally do, we wanted to try something different. Earlier in September, my mom and I went to Ober Gatlinburg, a small amusement park and ski resort. When we were in Pigeon Forge, the city we hit before entering Gatlinburg, my mom and I went to Mellow Mushroom to get pizza for breakfast. I got the gluten-free veggie pizza, which was so good. I love how more restaurants are incorporating vegan and gluten free options into their menus.

Once in Gatlinburg, my mom and I took an aerial tram up higher into the mountains to get to Ober Gatlinburg. There really wasn't much to do there, which was disappointing, but it was still fun this one time as we had never been before. We rode a sky lift to go, yes, even further up the mountain, to get to ride an alpine coaster back down to where we started. It went so fast I almost went off the track (which apparently you have to watch out for since this has happened before). We rode the sky lift again to go past the alpine coaster stop and all the way up to as high as the mountains will go. There, there was a bluegrass band and an amazing view waiting for us. I do miss Southern California, but I do love all the sights and greenery here. We rode the sky lift back down to ride two water slides. One was okay but the other one, a tall windy blue tunnel, was mine and my mom's favorite thing to do there. We laughed so hard we were crying and couldn't get out of the float, and had such a great time that we went on it again and again. There was other things there, such as a petting zoo and an ice skating rink, but we wanted to leave as it was so humid and getting late. After that we left and rode the aerial tram back to Gatlinburg to look around in shops and go wine and moonshine tasting. After having 25 different flavors for the first time, I can safely say I don't like moonshine! My mom and I had so much fun that day, and you can see the day in action in my vlog on my YouTube channel and in the pictures below!

No comments:

Post a Comment