Friday, July 17, 2015

HAPPY 60TH BIRTHDAY DISNEYLAND!


Today, instead of a Tennessee post, I decided to take this time to talk about Disneyland and post pictures of my last trip there in honor of the 60th anniversary of when Disneyland first opened July 17, 1955. 

Growing up, my family and I would go to Disneyland almost every day because we had season passes and we only lived 15 minutes away. A typical day would literally be: wake up, go to school, drive to Disneyland, watch my brother do homework in the parking lot, spend the day at Disneyland, repeat. Sometimes we wouldn't even ride rides, we would just go to take pictures and say hi to the characters, or maybe eat dinner there just for fun. We could even see the Disneyland fireworks from our house, so we had the Disney magic everywhere we went and for that I've always considered Disneyland another home for me and a huge part of my life.

Now, living two hours away from Disneyland, and all grown up and have so many other things to do, we rarely get to go, so I was so happy when my sister Kuyuki and our two friends, Missy and Cherise, were able to go on a Disneyland adventure by ourselves last January. It was exciting for me and Kuyuki because we were able to go somewhere on our own without the supervision of our parents - just us and our friends. I was so excited to see the new features of Disneyland. What was different this time was that they added the Frozen characters and Fantasy Faire. When the moon is out and the night comes to life, Fantasy Faire has this 1950's feel to it. People are dressed in poodle skirts and 50's swing dresses, and a band onstage playing and just having a ball. Two guys offered me a dance; this was the first time I ever swing danced, which is also memorable about this specific trip. Overall it was just an enjoyable day, but so is any day spent at Disneyland. I'll let the pictures do the talking.






















No comments:

Post a Comment