Wednesday, July 15, 2015

EVENING IN KNOXVILLE


Back with another post from Tennessee! I love it here so much! It's so nice to get out of California to visit my home state and all my family and places to see out here. Earlier this month, my mother, sisters, and I had an evening out in one of my favorite cities in Tennessee: Knoxville.

The day went like this: woke up, watched the Forks Over Knives documentary, went downstairs and ate oatmeal with my grandma while watching Judge Judy and the Divorce Court (her faves), went back upstairs after a while and watched Earthlings online while eating a bag of banana chips, went outside to watch my sisters swim and to get some vitamin D from the sun while eating a bowl of cherries, went back inside and watched Reba with my grandmother, then when my mother and sisters were ready, we went to Knoxville.

First stop was to eat an early dinner at Ruby Tuesday. There, I got the veggie trio, in which you order three sides. I got a plain baked potato, grilled zucchini without butter, and roasted spaghetti squash. I tried some of my sisters' sweet potato fries and I must say that they are the best I have ever had in my life! None of us have ever been there before, except for our mother, and we were all very pleased. Also, when you get the veggie trio, the salad bar comes with it, which I did not know until right before we left! So our waitress took off half the price of my meal, something she said she doesn't normally do because it isn't really allowed, so I am thankful for that. 

One of my most favorite things to do in Knoxville is to visit the University of Tennessee, where I hope to one day attend! Ayer's Hall is my favorite part to look at of the whole school. I just think it's so beautiful. Also, I spotted some vegan friendly restaurants and a WholeFoods near the campus, so that's a plus!

After visiting UT, we went to the West Town Mall. We went to the mall so my sister Kuyuki can pick out school clothes since she is moving to Tennessee with our mother. The dress code is more strict here and the clothes she has now won't be allowed, so that had to be fixed. After walking around the mall for a few hours, and drinking massive amounts of Teavana's sample teas across from Victoria's Secret, we were ready to head back to Louisville after a long day.

I'm pretty sad that we have less than two weeks here in Tennessee. Two weeks sounds like a long time, but I know it'll definitely go by quick! For now, I have a strong fruit craving, so after I go take care of that I am ready to go to bed because it is past midnight here! Good night.






No comments:

Post a Comment