Wednesday, June 17, 2015

DAY AROUND PALM DESERT


Good morning! Back again with another post to talk about my second day in Palm Springs...So the next morning, while my father was in a meeting, my step-mom, sisters, and I got breakfast. It was Bagle Bistro for my step-mom and Brianna, and Whole Foods for Kuyuki and me. To me, my breakfast felt more like lunch, consisting of black beans, brown rice, variety of fire-roasted vegetables, tofu scramble, and baba ganoush, along with a side of nuts, berries, and quinoa. And get this...the total for mine and Kuyuki's food came out to be over $26 and we had no idea what to do because we only had $20 as we weren't expecting our food to be so much. We were just going to start over, but some nice man behind us paid the difference. How thoughtful! I still can't get over that.

Afterwards, we went to the Goodwill to look around. I got the book Tuesdays With Morrie and two pink cow figurines which are the cutest things ever! We then go back to the resort and while my sisters and step-mom relaxed in the lazy river, I layed in the shade and read my new book. Our father met us by the pool and after everyone dried off and showered, we went to Whole Foods again for juices. I got the beet juice and it turned my teeth and tongue hot pink! We then drove further into Palm Desert to the Westfield Mall to see what kind of stores there were. I ended up getting this pj set at Forever 21, which I love and is so comfy!

We went back to the resort again to get ready for dinner with my father's co workers and headed out the door again. We took an uber to a mexican restaurant called La Casuelas Nuevas in Rancho Mirage which was super delicious. I ordered their quinoa avocado salad which was so so good. I was nervous about where we were going to eat because we were not allowed to chose, so I was glad that where we were going had vegan options. Another family in my father's company is vegetarian, so it all worked out for everyone.

After dinner, we went to Whole Foods for the third time today for dessert. I didn't get anything, though my sister's vegan chocolate oreo cupcake did look good!

That day was long and I was so tired by the end of it that I don't even remember falling asleep! Tomorrow I will be posting about our third and last day in Palm Springs, so stay tuned!



 
Day Outfit (Left):
Bodysuit: Macy's
Shorts: Hollister
Shoes: Wetseal


Evening Outfit (Right):
Bodysuit: Macy's
Skirt: Macy's
Shoes: Wetseal



No comments:

Post a Comment