Friday, May 8, 2015


Well, the day started off sunny, then it became overcast as the day went on, and by the time we got to the Golden Gate Bridge, it was so foggy you couldn't see the top of the bridge! Still, it was thrilling to see it in person. I was also dressed in a tank top and workout capris, so I was not prepared for the weather change and ended up wearing my grandmother's coat, since she had on 3 other layers anyway.

But first things first...We woke up today and had to get our showers in as soon as possible because we had to be packed and checked out of the hotel by 9am. To make it easier, I already had most of my things packed and ready to go the night before. We had breakfast at Mel's Drive-In Diner before heading over to Coit Tower. To be able to take the elevator up the tower, it's $6 for San Franciscan residents and $8 for non-residents. We had to wait in a line for 20 minutes until we finally got in the elevator to go up to the top of the tower, and all the while I was wondering if it was really worth the money and the wait. But once we got to the top and saw the view, my question had been answered. Yes. The view was stunning and you could see much of San Francisco from there!

After having a birds-eye view of the city, we drove to Lombard Street, a.k.a. the "crookedest street in the world". It was definitely a windy road and was never a moment where there were no cars on the street. It's quite the tourist attraction, and I sort of feel bad for the families that actually live on that street. It must be hard to get to and from your own home.

By 2pm, the sun was covered by the clouds, and by the time we had reached the Golden Gate Bridge, the fog had set. Once my step-grandparents and I arrived at the Bridge Pavilion to park the car, we waited for my brother, sister, father, and step-mom to arrive. My other sister Kuyuki didn't come on the trip because she got pneumonia a couple days before and the doctor's told her she needed to stay home. So that was disappointing, but I was so happy to see everyone else! I get homesick really easily, so I had missed them a lot, even though we had only been away from each other 3 or 4 days. We all walked on the bridge, took pictures, and enjoyed the view (of what we could see anyway). While on the bridge we came across a speedometer and we wondered if it would read how fast we could run. So we played with the speedometer for a while, taking turns running past it, and got stares from the people driving by probably thinking we're crazy. Apparently I can run my fastest at 14 mph. Is that considered fast for running or not? I don't know. It took us about an hour and a half to walk to whole bridge, considering we stopped frequently for pictures and to take in our foggy view.

No comments:

Post a Comment