Saturday, May 9, 2015

TOUR OF OUR TURTLE ROCK VACATION HOME


So far I am in love with Oregon. It is my first time being in this state and I already know it's going to be hard to leave. Gold Beach is a small town with nothing really much to do, which is no different from where I live, but I think it's so cute. There's something about small towns that I really like. There's one place we visited called Rogue River Apple Works, a country-style jam shop where they make and sell homemade jams and jellies, all made with fresh ingredients. The owner and manager who makes the food herself gave us samples of jam with crackers. My favorite was the specialty Tayberry, which is a cross between a blackberry and a raspberry. We ended up purchasing three different jams for everyone to share: the apple butter, tayberry, and apricot.

As for our place, we're staying at the Turtle Rock Resorts by the Oregon coast. It's very homey and convenient. It was so much better than getting a hotel because we had every thing we needed and wanted: kitchen utensils, legit bedrooms and bathrooms, oven, every room fully furnished, and more. It was a home away from home, which I guess is the whole point. Since being here, what I like to do in the mornings and nights is go to Nesika Beach to watch the sun rise and set. Most of our day today was actually spent at the beach. It's only a 5 minute walk from the resort. Behind our rental home is a creek, called Hunter's Creek, and I like to walk in the water with the dogs (yes, we even brought our dogs on the trip with us). If you follow the creek, it later merges in with the water from the beach. The rental property also has a jacuzzi, which feels nice at night when it's about 80 degrees in the water and the wind outside is blowing a 40°F breeze.








No comments:

Post a Comment