Friday, April 10, 2015

LAST DAYS IN TENNESSEE


Being in Tennessee was so much fun. The last couple of days were mainly spent at the house, just watching tv, playing cards, chatting, watching movies, maybe going out to eat every now and then, that sort of thing. The whole purpose of the trip was to spend time with family, and we did just that.

Wednesday was pretty basic. My siblings and I met up with our sister who lives in Tennessee and our grandmother from our mom's side. We had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, walked around the mall for about an hour, and later went to a park.

Thursday we spent half the day in Alabama. First, we went to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville. There we saw Miss Baker's spaceship. It's funny imagining a monkey going to space. Anything's possible though. After looking around a bit, we went and visited my great uncle and aunt in Athens. I hadn't seen them since I was a baby, so it was nice seeing them now that I'm older. We talked and looked through old photographs and when it was time for lunch, we found ourselves at Shoney's. Shoney's is pretty much just a regular restaurant, but it's one of those things where whenever we're in the south, it's a must go. Same with Cracker Barrel. Maybe because we don't have them in California?

Friday, our last day, we did nothing but pack and play a game of Skip-Bo before we left to get breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then head to the airport back in Nashville. It was such a fun trip, I already can't wait until the next time we see each other. There were definitely tears at the airport. It's always hard to leave family when you live so far away. But I know one thing's for sure...it won't be another 10 years until we visit that part of Tennessee again.













The top part of the last picture from left to right is me, my sister Brianna, cousin Ryan, other cousin Hilary, and my brother Alphonse. The bottom part of the picture is what my grandmother's room looks like now. Same bed frame, bed sheets, everything. That was probably the most comforting thing, coming back after so long and everything is the same - just how I last saw it.

I hope whoever read my posts from Tennessee enjoyed them. Have a beautiful day everyone!

Love,
Mickey

No comments:

Post a Comment