Saturday, March 21, 2015

RELIVING MY MEMORIES IN CHINA

Exactly one year ago today, I was flying with Delta Airlines to the beautiful country of China. It was actually after that trip that I began writing frequently in this blog. I had made blog posts in the past, only to just delete them all afterwards. After China, I finally had something exciting I really wanted to talk about, and it was after that when I rediscovered my love for blogging and posting random things in my life that make me happy to talk about.

Going to China was one of the biggest things I have done in my life. Before then, I have never been out of the U.S., except for Mexico, but that's only a two hour drive and not much of a change considering I wasn't in the heart of Mexico. But China, however, was something totally new, not to mention all the way on the other side of the world! It was so exciting being able to do the things I've previously only dreamed about doing, such as seeing the Pearl Tower for myself, hiking the historical Great Wall, oh, and eating real Chinese food! I was talking with my step-grandmother today and reminded her that it has been a year that we left and she said, "Yes, it was wasn't it? That was one crazy trip that I'll never forget!" I am sad that China is not where I am headed this spring break, but rather am stuck at home with essays and midterms to study for. Looking back through these photos I now have complete holiday envy and want to go back! Gotta put my passport to use soon! 

And seeing as today marks exactly one year that I was traveling to China, I decided I wanted to share some photos of my trip that I didn't post last year, so I apologize in advance for the seeming endless photos you are about to scroll through! Enjoy!




 






If you haven't read them already, you can view my Shanghai and Beijing blog posts from last year for more details on what the trip was like. I also made a montage on YouTube of little bits and clips from my stay, so feel free to check that out as well! 

That's all for today! I know not everyone is on spring break yet (my sisters have theirs next week), but I hope that those who are have a great week off and get up to something exciting!

Love,
Mickey

No comments:

Post a Comment